Monday, January 13, 2003

I was on the bus on my home after work just now... well along the way, i was listening to some kids' rant about wanting almost everything from their parents. say, u don't understand? ok...let me say it more clearly. those kids r around 16 years of age, studying in Pin Hwa.. one of them complaints that he didn't get a room of his own in his own home, having to share everything with his brother. obviously, he comes from an average income family so this kind of situation is a norm. mean while another kid is talking about moving out from his home to rent a house nearby the school, so that he could experience "living on his own" n ask his friends to join him. he's bragging bout wanting his parents to pay for his rent, to buy a car for his use, wanting his parents to give him a credit card n lots more....he even told his friends of his planned life schedule when he "lives out from home".hey...it sounded more like a holiday than a schoolday to me.certainly this kid is an anak tunggal n came from a well to do family.

hell, i have no intention nor interest to listen to his brags, but it's just that he talked too loud, disturbing my nap, n what i had heard from him makes me realise how immature n unrealistics those kids are. they just don't realise what is the meaning of earning a living in the real world. yes, they're still kids, n they haven't came to the stage where they'll learn the meaning of life, the harsh reality of living.

they had made me think for a while though, comparing myself during my younger days to them. sure, i had my share of immaturity, imagining things that r unreachable without hard work, but there's no thought of working hard at that time. all i thought is that someone will give it to me some day. i expected everything will turn in my way. heck... what a naive thoughts, eh? so innocent, so naive, so carefree...

fast forward to now, in these few years...though i had my ups n downs, i had learned quite a lot. though i may seem so immature through my action, sometimes when i sits down in my own quite times, i had a lot of thinking done....n i had realised how different my ways of thinking, how different my thoughts are compared to a few years back. i don't know if this is wat u all called as getting more matured as u gets older, why, i'm still my play-a-lot-of-fools self, n i enjoy it.but, though i can't claim to have seen it all, i feel it's enuff to make me better prepared to face the real world out there. i have no fear of trudging in the working world, where i know, hard works really pays off to deserving people. just throw me anything, i can be sure i'd be able to handle it. this is the confidence i had acquired through this years... thinking back, i'm still not sure whether to lament my chances lost when i was forced to do form 6 or to thank my parents for forcing me to do it. over time, i was exposed to many things that made me being a better person...n these xtra years had really given me a chance to reconsider my options again n again.

i don't know what all of u would be thinking, but to myself, all i can say is, how many of us has walked the all tried n tested road n how many of us had beat their own path? i have decided to trod the unbeaten path. i wanted to experience myself to do something that not many dared to go. as Billi P.S.Lim had put it, "DARE TO FAIL". i would also rise up to the challenge. i'd be glorious if i overcame it. i'd accept defeat if i fail it. that's life. whether u wanted to be safe n comfort in a cocoon or u wanted to live it differently is a choice of yours. u only live once. one life.....live it.