Friday, June 27, 2003

Part 2!

so, i've finished my class for today... well... i should've be happy... i made a group presentation in front of the class during the English for Business class. this is the only place that i could make myself shine...hahahaha....!! anyway, i did it quite well, & i'm happy i did it. but what happened next made me feel quite unhappy just now.

ok...maybe u won't quite get what i'm talking about... i'll start from the first place. i have this group mate, let's name her A. she's a repeating student from last semester. no..no... i don't have any problem with her, instead she had been quite a great help to me, particularly because she knows what to do, she could guide us all doing our assignments. but early this week, she told us all that one of her ex-coursemate, are doing a repeating too, & he's expected to join in our class. let's call this guy B. she had forewarned us not to welcome him into our project group as he is well known as a problematic person n will drag us down if we're gonna accept him. so, we had finally put him into another group, sorry for that group lah!

initially i don't care about him, it's his problem lah if he wants to repeat his studies...i'm doing mine happily, so i'd assume that we won't get into each other's path. as in cantonese proverb said,"ho sui pat fan cheng sui" (literally, river water won't get mixed up with well water...)

what happened exactly is that A had told me that during her conversation with B, he had explicitly expressed his utmost dislike to me. reason? i'm too show off during the presentation. he said he'd not give me a chance to be the star of the class as long as he's there.

of course this is what A had told me, N i'd have no reason to doubt her words as i knew A, being herself, she won't get anything if there's any conflict between me & B, N she's go no reason to do it either... we're all group mate & if i'm gonna fall, it won't augur well with the whole group, dragging her together. so, this is not her at all & i believed that what she said to me serves as a warning for me to be careful when dealing with B. furthermore, i couldn't just passed off her warning simply because personally, i, too had heard rumours from seniors that B is not an easy fella. although i couldn't verify the rumour, but if he's a good person, would anybody, in their utmost respect, would stand to tarnish his reputation?

this had made me wonder for a while... what we cantonese refers as 'siu yan' (little people: dark star who brings bad luck unto u) has really appeared in my life?
hey, i can speak english, is it an offense? i wouldn't know that somebody would hate me for it. if he thinks that he's in any way better than me, then prove it. if he feels inferior, it's his problem, just shut up, buckle up & show it during presentation or exam that he is better than me. no point going around telling people that he hates me, & justify his action by saying i'm the reason, that i'm so 'lan si' (show off)

btw, i have to make clear my position,too. being new on transfer from other course of study, i found out that i'm still not good in other subject such as Accounting, Managements & Quantitative Tecniques. English is the only place that i could actively participates.

anyway... 1 small wicked thought ran thru my mind too... if he's any good, any way better than me, would he need to repeat his studies? certainly he didn't make his grades, resulting in the uni retaining him... hahaha! but then A was quick to remind me that actually B is not a dumbo either."he's quite a smartass...easily understands what the lecturers taught when he's still in his class last semester. it's just that his laziness took its toll on him during the final..." she said. so...it seems like....i'm in for a tough challenge...not only from him, but myself too...sometimes i,myself would have this kind of feeling running in me too...overconfidence!

what i can deduce is that actually this fella is resenting his own failure... he is the star of his own class, but becoz of one wrong move, he lost it, & he's not feeling easy when there's another person like him set on becoming the star of the class. he thinks that he's the one who deserves the title. whoop...whoop.... it's good that he's realising that he's not always numero uno & sets his mind to improve himself. i'm glad i helped him in this. but i don't like it when he take this negatively & puts me as his arch nemesis while i'm still clueless... what had i done to make him so dislikes me?

so, what am i gonna do? well..i'm just gonna continue being myself....do what i can do , the best i can do! besides, looking out to his any threatening move would help me from falling into his traps too... i dont wana fail like he did....so study hard lorr... all wish me luck arr! anyway, thanx to A, too for warning me before hand so i could be better equipped when facing any trouble...

sigh...i guess this is not a big thing after all... but still it gives me some valuable lessons. #1: that what we do, although seems insignificant to ourself, may not go well with others... #2: that there's many 'siu yan' lurking around the corner, looking for a chance to step on u without yourself knowing the reason behind it! #3: that u could be friendly, but still there are people out there set to make enemy out of u!
IT'S A MAD, MAD, WORLD AFTER ALL!!!