Sunday, June 18, 2006

May 06

As soon as the month starts, i am supposed to join the Wataniah for the army training... i've always wanted to do something crazy for myself before i start working... coz i know when i start work, i wont be bothered with doing something else other than joining the rat race. i want to experience something that i can tell my children later on...

Ppl asked me why i would want to join the army, since i've finished my degree studies and i should be doing ACTUAL job instead... i guess they had misunderstood what Wataniah is all about... to put it bluntly, it's just a part-time soldier job...

Go for a 1 month boot camp, and ur schedule for training afterwards is only on weekends, meaning we'll be back to civillian life, and doing civillian jobs on any other day as long as it is in the weekdays. the service runs for 5 years and u may opt to retire or to continue doing it. hey, u get paid too, u know... and u're also entitled to government servants' benefits! Most of all, i get to play around and shoot with REAL GUNS!!!

But alas, i guess luck was not on my side... On the first day of training itself, i was informed that there was problem with my blood test result, which rendered me "unfit" to join the army. I was like, "WHAT???"

Apparently my test results showed that i have low blood pressure, abnormally low blood count, sickeningly low platelet cells count, low all this and low all that. Seriously if i AM to be like that, how in the world did i managed to pass their physical tests then??

Anyway i have to be denied entry based solely on the test result alone. some mistake on their part and of no fault of mine AT ALL. sigh... wat to do? i should count my blessings that i havent had my haircut yet, else i'd be losing my hair for nothing!

anyway i went for a 2nd opinion. when i showed my test result to the doctor, he couldn't believe it. He said, to put it in his words, "if this result is true, you are an anaemic patient and severely bed-ridden, with not a hope of getting up unaided, let alone standing in front of me." A new test result shows that i'm all normal and healthy. By then it's already 2 weeks into the training with another 3 weeks to go. deadline's closed. However i could join another session next year. yeah like i would since i'd already be working by then.

I was offered to join, instead of the Army, but the Air Force's Artillery Division. It has no one month boot camp so i dont have to resign from my job just to join, and all its trainings are done on weekends. However the only catch is that i have to complete at least 240 hours of training in the year to qualify and get paid.

I was interested, but it all has to depend on the job that i'll be working on... if i dont have to work on weekends then it's a-ok.